Thursday, September 22, 2011

A little bit of explaining to do ...

For my customers that really know me & have gone back with me since the very beginning know that I am not one to take advantage or be dishonest. That is not who I am or who I ever thought I would be. I have made mistakes, due to uncontrollable circumstances in my life. My husband and I hit a very rough patch in July of last year & decided to finally call it quits in March. During those very hard months, I was forced to take a good look at my life & saw what I had done to my family. I had neglected my marriage, neglected my children & myself. We were all spiraling out of control, literally! I had to disappear & take care of my babies. I got completely overwhelmed & could not deal with anything anymore. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved what I did, but it all got to be too much. I didn't realize what I was sacrificing in order to keep it going.






For those of you that I did not get your order out in the mail during the time frame of my breakdown & you have not been refunded yet, I am deeply sorry. Please know that when I took your order, I had every intention of fulfulling my duty of making your dress & was not just trying to rip you off or take your money for my personal gain. Many were made & just not shipped. Please contact me & I will do my best to fix the problem. Email address: cpratt805@yahoo.com





For all the supporters & my very sweet customers who have been so kind to me during this time, I truly appreciate you!









XO - Brittany





7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about you struggling! I miss your sweet clothes but I completely understand that family comes first! Good luck to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sorry to hear that you have had such a rough year! hope it's getting better though. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you the best of luck in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brittany!

    I just want you to know that you made the sweetest sets for my daughter... and oh how I miss you and your DARLING creations! Every time I see one of your creations for sell on Ebay or Facebook, then I grab it up! You are SO VERY talented and there is no one (did I say NO ONE) like you! :( Life is so crazy sometimes and I pray that you were able to work through your struggles! Family should always come first... no doubt! But, there should be a good balance between family and career! I have a friend that recently left her Etsy shop (until her daughter starts kindergarten in a couple years), because her business was getting too crazy busy and taking time away from her family. She is going to start back up when her daughter starts Kindergarten and only work while they are in school... that way she is not "missing" any time or "neglecting" her family. It's a great idea for her to make this decision! You should have limited the orders you were taking in and decide that you would only make a few of each set. Don't let your customers control you! You should always be the one in control. With your amazing eye and talent in creating the most precious children's clothing, I would not let that GIFT go to waste! Everyone has a rocky time or two in their lives... that's a part of growing as a human being. :) Maybe you could restart it slowly and manage your time better next time. I would be thrilled if you were to come back!! If you have any sets that you didn't ship out or sell in a 2t or 3t, then I would be happy to take them off your hands (especially the Miss Molly!)! ;) I wish you the best of luck and know that you will decide what is right for your family! I appreciate the adorable sets you made my daughter and your hard work/creativity that went into it! I wish we could keep in contact through email... you are a sweet lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still want you to make my daughter's first communion dress!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sad to read this post! I just looked up Sweet Plume on etsy, and found you had disappeared. You were by far my most favorite etsy purchase in the last 5 years. I bought my daughter's flower girl dress from you (for my own wedding) and I still think I couldn't have chosen a more darling dress from any retailer or dressmaker out there. I sincerely hope things are turning around for you. You are a very talented person, and can't wait to see what you have in store for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am sorry to hear about what happened. Your eye for detail and style is awesome. I wish you all the best of luck for the future and I look forward to seeing you back soon, when I can purchase something sweet for my niece....

    Thank you also for all your help in the past too... no hard feelings... just admiration that you took a stand and made it right for you and the family..

    ReplyDelete